This article is written for a situation when you have forget your smartphone & want it to get switch off. In other words to turn off smartphone with a SMS. This technique will work only with Android smartphone
How to turn off your Android smartphone from a remote location
Android is the most popular OS for the smartphones. These phones are so popular that there are so many applications made for it to make it more useful than ever before. In this post I will tell you how you can switch off smartphone with a SMS. First of all, you need to send a specific SMS that is set by you. For doing this you need to install an App which will do this for you.
This article is written to tell you about a new android app which is used to turn off your smartphone by sending a SMS to your phone. This will be helpful when you have left the phone at home & do not want anyone to pick the calls.
Also Read : Tricks that every Computer Science Student must Know
To configure the app & set the secret code that will turn off the smartphone you need to follow the steps given here.
Steps to turn off Smartphone with a SMS
- First of all you need to root your phone, If you don’t know how to root a phone then you can check this
- Download an app name Remote Power Off zip file from this link. The app is stored in the zip folder, extract the app & install it in your phone.
- You have to change the setting by selecting Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Now install the app in your phone.
- After the installation is done, open the app & set the current password as nothing &set the new password.
- Now after entering the password details, click on change secret code.
- Create a secret code for you.
- Now grant the app super user permission by using the Super user app.
- That’s all, now you can send the secret code to the phone from anywhere & switch off the phone.
The use of this app is very good. Now without using Internet You can switch off your mobile phone by sending a SMS to anyone.
If you find the information useful, then you must share this information with your friends & family.
Also Read : Social Engineering : Types of Social Engineering attacks
You can like our Facebook page for more Updates like these. Thank You.